343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a UI Artist to join our team working on the next, big Halo shooter experience. As a UI Artist, you are central to defining amazing user experiences across activities and devices for one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry. If you’re a passionate, talented and driven artist in this field, this is where you need to be!
UI Artists are expected to produce exceptional 2D and some 3D graphics, menu screens, HUD, branding and additional user interface graphics as required. The ideal candidate must be highly effective in ambiguous situations, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
UI Artists must communicate and collaborate strongly with our UX Design team; together, these roles are responsible for the information design and execution of complex UI flows and delivering a world class user experience to our consumers. The ideal candidate will have a good balance of visual design and UX design for games, is experienced in both, although art is where your main passion lies.
- Work closely with our UI Art Lead to define the look and feel of our user interface, creating exceptional UI Art for the experiences we are crafting.
- Implement and iterate on UI screens using our UI Toolset within our game engine.
- Create concept sketching, wire-framing and high-fidelity UI mockups/prototypes.
- Collaborate with our UX designers to ensure we are delivering on a compelling and intuitive user experience.
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Developers to iterate on best solutions to UI challenges
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in UI art, graphic design, or visual design for games.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid, hierarchy, color, animation, composition).
- Deep understanding of UX/UI design for console platforms.
- Strong iconography, & 2D vector art skills.
- Ability to produce and iterate on quality work quickly in pursuit of the best visual design solution.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows and software.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- Experience in 3D software like Cinema 4D, Maya, or 3DS Max.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passion for and knowledge of games, especially FPS or sci-fi games.
- Degree in graphic design or related field.
Portfolio review and presentation will be required.
Relocation assistance is offered.
How to Apply
Please visit the Microsoft Careers website to apply:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.